How To Create Your
New Traditionalist Home Style
Having a forever house is like being in a committed, long-term relationship. There are qualities you may LOVE about your partner (your house in this scenario), but there also may be things you DON’T like…. and the areas where your personalities clash may be causing “compatibility issues.”
These “compatibility issues” usually arise when there is a disconnect between the natural bent of your home’s architecture and your own style preferences.
They manifest themselves when you try to decorate your home but nothing seems to work or you’re too overwhelmed to even try!
But there’s a way for you and your forever house to CREATE A RELATIONSHIP & BRING OUT THE BEST in each other!
Steps to a New Traditionalist Style "Relationship"
So — here’s the compatibility issue: One of you (you and/or your house) loves things with clean lines and a fresh-forward style … but the other leans a bit traditional.
In your case, a fresh but approachable style like New Traditionalist — which employs simple silhouettes mixed with burnished woods & up-to-date patterns — is a great blended style for you and your Forever Home!
By keeping your major furnishings transitional in style — with its clean lines & fresh take on more traditional silhouettes — your home will have the fresh and current feel you crave. Then throw in a couple vintage “brown” pieces to flavor your space with a traditional inclination.
- Make sure that all your major upholstery have silhouettes that are transitional in design — like sloped arms, tapered legs, & dressmaker skirts.
- Add 1 or 2 well-curated vintage or “brown” pieces — a cabinet, console table, or mirror.
- Stay away from overly fussy elements — such as ornate carving or deep tufting.
- Use fresh traditional patterns like hand-block prints, simple botanicals, and open stripes. Linen & velvet textures pair beautifully!
Overlay ANY COLOR palette you wish -- that's where your own
personality can really shine through!
Your Curated Resources
To support your new vision for your Forever Home’s transformation, I’ve put together some resources just for you!
- A SUPER COOL formula to ENSURE your home style “MIX” success!
- A popular blog post on how to use vintage “brown” furniture that will give your rooms soul (and save your budget!).
- My curated collections of high-quality transitional sofas & transitional lounge chairs so that your foundational upholstery pieces are spot-on with your style … AND will stand up to 10-20 years of kids & pizza parties!
- Some transitional lighting you’ll love.
- A blog post showing you one easy, fail-proof furniture item for you “mix.” You can use this tip in combination with your brown furniture!
- My FREE Real Design Budgets room by room (updated for 2022) — so you can know what to expect to spend on the pieces that will get the most wear & tear.
Wondering WHY I'm qualified to give this advice?
Hey! I’m Amy.
And I was once that clueless Forever Homeowner, just like you!
When the info I needed to transform my newly-acquired forever house into the Forever Home I envisioned wasn’t available, I decided to boot-strap it and learn design from the ground up. I eventually turned my passion into a full-time career!
That was 10 years ago. Wow, time flies! These days, I:
- Have owned my interior design company, Home Glow Design, for more than 6 years.
- Have a whole bunch of happy Forever Home clients & more than a dozen magazine-published projects to my credit.
- Reach nearly 60,000 readers every month through Home Glow’s “Saturday Blog.”
- Teach my hard-earned lessons learned to design enthusiasts like you through my interior design course for homeowners, The Home Glow Method ®.
My passion is helping YOU create your forever home with the character, quality, & comfort that will stand the test of time!
Because NOBODY likes wasting $$$ on
furniture that will be in the landfill in 5 years!!!
FREE Results Implementation Call
Have questions about your Quiz Results? I’ve got you COVERED!
Schedule a FREE 15-minute Results Implementation Call and we’ll get you confident & on your way to transforming that forever house into the FOREVER HOME you crave!
The Power of Home Is Real.
Congratulations! You’ve taken the important first step (understanding what style is compatible for both you AND your home) toward transforming your forever house into the Forever Home you dream of.
Listen, I’m here to help guide you on that path, whether:
- You’re a brand new homeowner,
- You’ve owned your home for 10 years and are just starting to sift through accumulated hand-me-down furniture,
- Or you’re an empty-nester *finally* getting to decorate your home the way you’ve always wanted.
So let’s get to know one another!